Kirjoittaja Aihe: Uncoloured colouring book | S | Dean, Seamus | draamadialogi | EN  (Luettu 2040 kertaa)

Winga

• Gremlin
Ficin nimi: Uncoloured colouring book
Kirjoittaja: Winga
Ikäraja: S
Tyylilaji: draama, dialogi
Hahmot: Dean, Seamus
Vastuuvapaus: Juu Rowling omistaa aina ja ikuisesti, minä vain ilman mitään tienestejä leikin
Yhteenveto: After they've broken up, Dean comes to see Seamus about a colouring book.
Kirjoittajalta: Tuota noinniin ja näinniin. Kirjoitinpahan jotain ystäväpiirini haasteeseen jossa oon n 3kk jäljessä...

Uncoloured colouring book

”Where is it?”
”What are you looking for?”
”The colouring book. I need to see it.”
“The… colouring book?”
“The one I gave you two years ago.”
“…that. It was a gift, wasn’t it?”
“Yes, so?”
“So what do you need it for?”
“It was the only copy of that colouring book and I needed to see…”
“The only copy?”
“I made it for you, did you not know this?”
“No?”
“So you don’t know what kinds of pictures there are?”
“Well I went through it.”
“Have you even coloured anything in it?”
“…no. And after we broke up, I just. I put it away, because some of the pictures reminded me too much of you.”
“Yes well, it was based on our relationship. And this explains quite a few things…”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean – just, can you give me that colouring book? I need to rip out a few pages.”
“It’s my gift, isn’t it?”
“Yes.”
“Please explain yourself.”
“I – okay, fine. Look. Seamus. I made it especially for you. It was made so that once you coloured the pictures, they would start moving.”
“Um. Sure, yeah, you started selling those afterwards, didn’t you? Moving pictures in colouring books?”
“I did.”
“So what’s so special about this one?”
“I – Seamus. Please, just let me have it.”
“Not just a few pictures?”
“You’re not going to colour it anyway.”
“I might.”
“You don’t want to.”
“Dean…”
“No, look. I was in love with you when I made the book. I was very much in love with you.”
“Continue.”
“So. So I made you a proposal.”
“A proposal?”
“The bloody book, alright. And part of the reason why I started getting more distant then was because I was afraid you were just deliberately ignoring my question.”
“Oh.”
“So. Yeah. I.”
“Look, I’m sorry, I never understood why it was so darn important to you.”
“So. Can I have it back?”
“No.”
“Why not? You don’t want to colour it to have the pictures moving and proposing to you. They all would.”
“Two years. You never once asked if I had coloured any pages.”
“I know, I know. I’m an idiot and I shouldn’t have thought you would.”
“You should just have asked me!”
“About the colouring?”
“To marry you, you bloody idiot.”
“Yes well. It’s a bit too late, now, isn’t it? You’ve moved forward and I guess I’m – I’m trying to.”
“Dean.”
“Seamus.”
“Let me keep it.”
“As a reminder of a failed relationship?”
“As a reminder of some of the best years of my life.”
“I – Fine. Fine.”
“I do wish that you had just asked me.”
“So do I, now.”
“I do still love you, just not. Not like that.”
“I still love you. Like that.”
“Yeah. Yeah, I’ve seen your art. It’s still filled with so many memories and if you aren’t the best artist I know – I don’t know who is.”
“I’m sorry I was such an idiot.”
“I’m sorry I didn’t try to talk to you more.”
“So many things to regret.”
“Stop regretting. Start living again.”
“I am trying. It was good to see you, though.”
“I know. I wish we could be friends again. Soon.”
“I need some time, more. I thought it’d help if I got this out of my system.”
“But I’m sure you got inspiration for your art.”
“Ha. Yeah. Yeah, you’re right, I’m sure that will benefit.”
“Take care of yourself.”
“You, too.”
“And learn from your past.”
“I’m sure I will.”
"It's just like I always say; if you want to find something weird you have to go downtown."

Hazyel

• Master of Godspeed
  • Not killing people is really hard.
Ohhh tämähän oli oikein kiva! Ensimmäinen dialogi jonka luen englanniksi ja taitaapi olla ensimmäinen teksti tällä parituksella :D Pidän yleensäkin dialogeista, tosin ongelmani niiden kanssa on usein se, että ehdin jo unohtaa kuka puhuu :D Vähän niin meinasi käydä tässäkin ja jouduin parissa kohdassa kelaamaan vähän takaisinpäin ja katsoa miten se menikin. Tämä tosin on ihan oma syyni - menen niin helposti sekaisin varsinkin jos repliikit ovat lyhyitä ja geneerisiä, enkä muista pitää mielessäni puhujaa.

Pidin siitä, miten olit saanut tuotua tähän tunnelmaa ilman kuvailuakin. Repliikit (ne ei-niin-geneeriset) myös sopivat mielestäni oikein hyvin näille hahmoille ja kuitenkin suurimman osan ajasta pystyi tunnistamaan kumpi oli kumpi. Oli jotenkin hyvin suloista, mutta myös surullista, miten Dean tuolla tavalla yhä kaipaa Seamusin luokse ja miten hän pyytää värityskirjaa takaisin, koska ei aluksi halua, että Seamus näkeekään mitä kirjassa oikeasti on.

Jollain tasolla toivoin, että nämä päätyisivätkin vielä takaisin yhteen! Ehkä saan vielä spinoffin tai jatko-osan, jossa nämä päätyvätkin yhteen ja Seamus viimein värittää kuvan ja vastaa kosintaan? :333
Joka tapauksessa kiitos tästä! Pidin ja sujuvan kielen lisäksi tämä oli myös helppoa lukea ja ymmärtää - varmasti jollekin ei niin hyvin englantia osaavalle sopiva teksti myös!
"When I say it doesn't hurt me, that means I can bear it."

Arte

• Puuskupuh
Awww. Bongasin tämän Laun kommentin ansiosta, mutta voi että, kiva että bongasinkin!

Tämä oli kauhean kiva. Suloinen, draamainen, sopivan angstinen. Tapahtuma-keskeinen, realistinen. Ei niin että kun syy eroon ja etääntymiseen tulee ilmi, kaikki muuttuu yhtäkkiä toisenlaiseksi ja tyypit meneekin naimisiin. Vaan että käydään menneisyyden haamuja läpi ja yritetään kukin päästä eteenpäin elämässä. Tosi ihana. Tykkäsin tosi paljon!

Tosi sujuva ja elämäntäyteinen dialogi. Minä en kaivannut yhtään ympäristön kuvailua (en kyllä yleensäkään kaipaa), eikä mikään töksähtänyt tai tuntunut hankalalta. Englanti sopi kieleksi tosi hyvin, koska suomeksi tällaista ei ehkä oikein osaa kuvitella. Suomalaiset on erilaisia, suomi toimii eri tavalla.

Ihana idea muuten tuo värityskirja, jossa kuvat alkavat liikkua, kun ne väritetään! Mahtava.

Ah. Jäin fiiliksiin. Kiitos.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 20.09.2017 15:15:10 kirjoittanut Arte »

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day,
and on the good writing days nothing else matters."
- Neil Gaiman