Kirjoittaja Aihe: AC Valhalla: Challenge | k-11 | Eivor/Ivarr | UST, one-shot, english  (Luettu 958 kertaa)

DulzGraham

• dar(l)ing
  • Magnificent Bastard
Author: Dulz
Beta: ei ole, vaikka pitäisi
Ikäraja: k-11
Fandom: AC: Valhalla
Disclaimer: En tienaa, en rienaa.
Pairing: Eivor/Ivarr
Genre: draama, UST. Eivor is an idiot and Ivarr is a crazy bitch t. Lyra
Haasteisiin: FinFanFun 1000 - 875.  Äpärä, Fanfictiota eri kielillä vol 4

Summary: "Wolf-Kissed, not to be disrespectful or to dampen that very attractive confidence for one bit, because you are very well toned and good looking and all that crap people seem to value in a bed-partner, but I don't want to sleep with you."

A/N: Tää on ollut pöytälaatikossa puolivalmiina aina helmikuusta asti, mutta spoilerien pelossa välttelin tän loppuun kirjoittamista ja julkaisemista kunnes sain pelin pelattua loppuun. Tälle on olemassa pidempi jatko-osa, joka ehkä joskus näkee päivänvalon, mutta tämä toimii myös one-shottina. En jaksanut myöskään hankkia tälle betaa, joten kaikki virheet on mun. Enjoy xD PS. tässä on fem!Eivor, koska se on "canon" ja koska siten pelasin pelin, mutta imo Eivorin sukupuoli on yks hailee ja näkyy tässä vain pronomineissa.
/
This takes place after the Ledecestrescire arc, though does not spoil the plot. This might get a follow-up. I use she/her pronouns for Eivor here, because I've always seen Eivor as female-presenting but non-binary, but Eivor's gender matters here as much as it does in the game - hardly at all. Still, I wish English had never adopted the habit of gendered personal pronouns. AO3

Challenge

Unlike in Norway, where the frost bit back the very moment sun set low, spring evenings in England were calm and mellow. Blackbird sang in the rowans of the hillside, and soft breaths of wind ruffled grass and hair and pushed smoke from the cooking fires to occasionally sting the eyes of the vikingr sitting about. Ale barrels were opened, a cheerful laugh was going around, and a content post-battle haze clung to their muscles.

In her content state Eivor found herself giving Ivarr more leeway than usual, so when Ivarr reached the absolutely horrifying punchline of the tale he certainly had not heard from a whore as he had claimed, for all the unnecessary details, she simply grimaced, and knocked her ale back.

“You brat, you said it was a tale, not something you lived through.”

“What’s with the face, darling?”, Ivarr slashed a toothy grin, “She got exactly what she wished for. Certainly never disappointed her husband by getting old and ugly. I would say it could be called a cautionary tale. Be careful what you wish for.”

Ivarr laughed, hearty and mean and mischievous all at once, and Eivor shook her head, and smiled. Ivarr was a wild thing. Fire gotten out of control, stormy winter sea, feast of crows on a bloody battlefield. Eivor looked at those things and saw beauty.

Ivarr was by no means a handsome man, but what he lacked in looks, he made up in personality. In a certain way. It was simply natural that she would ask Ivarr to accompany her for a tumble in the stables nearby. He was certainly interesting enough, and capable of surprising her. Why not in bed, too?

Ivarr threw his head back and laughed. “You flatter me, Wolf-Kissed, but the answer is no.”

"What is it?" Eivor looked Ivarr over with a critical look and a grin. "You know, Ivarr the Boneless, if the rumours are true and you have difficulties in the… carnal battlefield, we have a very capable seer. She could brew up a potion."

"Do you believe everything you hear, Wolf-Kissed? I am not impotent", Ivarr hissed. A dangerous glint shone in his eyes.

"What's the problem then? Scared of me?"

"Wolf-Kissed, not to be disrespectful or to dampen that very attractive confidence for one bit, because you are very well toned and good looking and all that crap people seem to value in a bed-partner, but I don't want to sleep with you."

"Not to be disrespectful but, by Hel, why not?"

"See, I don't think you would like sleeping with me very much."

Eivor's brows drew together in puzzlement.

"The thing with carnal desires is a little more complicated for some of us, for example, for me", Ivarr drew complicated circles in the air in between their bodies.

"Care to try and explain? Contrary to your belief, I am capable of understanding complicated concepts."

"You know how I am. I see it in your eyes from time to time. You don't like that part of me."

"I take it that you mean…"

"Oh yes. The part you witnessed the first time we met. If my memory serves well, you expressed your distaste very clearly."

"You were torturing some unfortunate prisoners."

"Very unfortunate indeed", Ivarr laughed.

Eivor had met people who got enjoyment from cutting other people, seeing their blood flow free and hearing their screams. She had known that Ivarr was one of them from the moment of witnessing that scene. The implication behind Ivarr's words was even more, however.

"It's not only the satisfaction of someone else’s suffering", Ivarr kept his watch intently at Eivor's face. "But the pain itself. I cannot get release without it. The exhilarating rush of it. Have you ever felt it? On the battlefield, maybe?"

"Pain makes the painless times feel more meaningful, and I proudly carry my scars", Eivor said carefully, caressing the ugly scar on the right side of her head and throat.

"No. What I mean is, have you ever enjoyed the blinding white pain that comes from turning a knife in a wound, or from being burnt by fire? Does it turn you on?" Ivarr leant into Eivor's space. Eivor stared at him. A feeling bubbled in her abdomen. Nervous, and scorching, both pleasant and unpleasant.

Ivarr said with a low hiss: "If I bit you now, would you throw me away, or drag me in?"

Eivor found herself at a complete loss of words. She did not know the answer. It was extremely rare.

"And let me assure you, that bite would draw blood."

Ivarr's words left Eivor very hot and very bothered. Eivor hated this hesitance. Fear was nothing new, fear was familiar, fear was something one braved oneself through. This… hesitant, hot, all over bothering feeling, however… She bared her teeth at it.

Ivarr backed away. "As I said. You would not enjoy sleeping with me."

Eivor shook her head. Her voice was rough when she drew out the words: "I can't say for sure."

"But you wouldn't."

Eivor shook her head but not in agreement with Ivarr's statement. Ivarr studied her. Then he offered: "I could school you into it."

Eivor made a face.

Ivarr laughed. "Tell me if you change your mind, Wolf-Kissed. Now excuse me, I shall have a piss and see if I cannot get us more ale. I'm almost starting to sober up."

Ivarr rose from his seat. Eivor hesitated more than she wanted to, and then she called after him: "Have you ever… schooled anyone before?"

Ivarr's grin was all blackened teeth. "Never. I just take."

Left in the silence nursing her ale horn and mulling in new, unfamiliar thoughts, Eivor put herself back together.

It was a challenge, and Eivor Wolf-Kissed never stood back from a challenge.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 03.07.2021 23:49:27 kirjoittanut DulzGraham »
pannu by wolferain ♥