Kirjoittaja Aihe: Notes for those who might find this bunker (K-11, EN, zombies!)  (Luettu 1595 kertaa)

Winga

• Gremlin
Nimi: Notes for those who might find this bunker
Kirjoittaja: Winga
Ikäraja: K-11 (ehkä? en tiiä? vois olla ehkä K-7? mut ku)
Henkilöt: Minä-hahmo
Tyylilaji: ...draama, synkähkö huumori kait
Yhteenveto: I used to love the smell of blue cheese, I really did, but now it disgusts me.
Varoitukset: No siis, periaatteessahan ei oikein mitään, mutta puhetta tappamisesta. Tai zombin tuhoamisesta, miten vaan.
A/N: Irkissä eräs sanoi eilen että "zombies and cheese. Winga, siinä sulle uus aihe!" ... joten here we are.

Notes for those who might find this bunker

Outside of our bunker it smells of blue cheese. Most of the rotting bodies have been burnt and even if they hadn’t, there’s been more blue cheese to smell than those. And the zombies have been distracted enough for us to be able to sneak into shops to get the canned goods that are still good to eat fifty years from now.

I used to love the smell of blue cheese, I really did, but now it disgusts me. And it saddens me that I can’t really buy any for myself, or it used to in the beginning, but now we just wish that it would end. The smell and the zombies. We’re trying to work on the latter to get to the first, since if we do it the other way, we’ll be having the problem of zombies attacking us for our brains again.

In a way it was a great thing, though, that one of the first thousand infected lived in an apartment quite full of blue cheese and his family. He never even considered eating them when he found the blue cheese. Well, he wouldn’t have, if they’d all just left the blue cheese well alone, but how should they have known? I mean, it’s not like it’s that obvious that a zombie is taking a claim on something by gathering all for itself … yeah, the wife was a bit stupid, or completely and irreversibly in love with that cheese. The kids noticed what was happening and quietly left the house through the secret passage and shared their knowledge with us.

Obviously, most of us didn’t really believe them until it was too late for us (though we didn’t know that). But soon enough we’d gathered all available blue cheese into a pile and taken it further away from town. And then we learnt that zombies don’t like sharing with each other, either, and sometimes they’ll fight until death – no, destruction, sometimes the weaker one lingers there but will attack any body with a brain, even animals. So we had to make smaller piles all around, and that’s how the smell got into everything and everyone everywhere.

Before all managed to shower, far too many were devoured by the zombies. I guess we’d been flavouring ourselves to better fit their newly found tastes.

I’m just waiting for the day we run out of blue cheese and wondering how we’re planning to kill the still growing amount of zombies – I’d read Zombie Survival Guide beforehand and assumed the numbers would only grow with humans, as had most of us, but there are a lot animals being reanimated into something not quite dead yet.

Our numbers were greatly decreased the last time we tried to raid a supermarket for anything edible. The zombies had already gotten there, so our food supplies are getting less and less every day. I don’t really think we’re going to survive much too long, even though we all held so high hopes for survival with the blue cheese unveiled.

We might have been better off either believing the kids faster or not believing them at all and just attacking them.

The smell still lingers on.

I think I should start counting days until it doesn’t. That will be the day we’ll die, if our food supplies manage to get us that far, because the bunker isn’t that difficult to get into after their having gotten into some not so easy to break into shops.

(Mary-Jane wants me to add that she’s not going to wait so long, she’s going to attack before they come in here. I think I’ll go with her.)
"It's just like I always say; if you want to find something weird you have to go downtown."

Verinen Paronitar

• monkerias
  • monokkeli huurussa
Lainaus
We might have been better off either believing the kids faster or not believing them at all and just attacking them.

Haha, loistavaa  :D

Oli kyllä sen verran reteä idea, että mulla kesti hetken aikaa päästä kärryille siitä, mitä helvettiä tässä oikein tapahtuu. Kuitenkin kun punaisesta langasta sai kiinni, tätä luki miltei sellainen typerä virnistys naamallaan - tekstin lähtökohta on kohtuullisen älyvapaa, mutta silti olet saanut toteutettua tämän uskottavalla zombi-apokalypsi-otteella epätoivoineen kaikkineen. Hienoa! Sinihomejuusto on minusta ollut aina vastenmielistä tavaraa ja tämän jälkeen vielä entistä enemmän, hyh, sen lemu kyllä totisesti sopii sivilisaation tuhon taustalle. Voimakkaat aistimukset vetoavat minuun teksteissä muutenkin, ja tässä pidinkin juuri siitä, että jokin niinkin hankalasti sanallistettava asia kuin jonkin haju otetaan tarinan kantavaksi voimaksi. Erityisen toimiva oli loppupuolen yksittäisen lauseen "The smell still lingers on" muodostama kappale, tosi hyvä painotus.

Muista yksityiskohdista pakko mainita tekstissä pariin kertaan toistuvat eläimet; ilahduin siitä, että epätoivoisille zombeille kelpaa aivot kuin aivot, ja muutamaa riviä myöhemmin esiintynyt eläinten henkiinherääminen joksikin ei-vielä-ihan-kuolleeksi ihastutti kovasti. Siinä oli jotenkin tosi herkulliset sanavalinnat.

Luen englantia ihan perussujuvasti, mutta mikään huippu kielentaitaja en kyllä ole, joten en sinänsä osaa mitään englannistasi sanoa. Kuitenkin tämä kohta aiheutti mulle päänvaivaa:

Lainaus
because the bunker isn’t that difficult to get into after their having gotten into some not so easy to break into shops.

Vika voi olla minussakin, mutta en vaan yksinkertaisesti saanut tästä tolkkua. En sitten millään. Ehkä siinä rakenteessa on jotain outoa? Tai ainakin minulle outoa?

Kaiken kaikkiaan kuitenkin kiitokset tästä, mainio teksti mainiosta ideasta. Zombies and cheese, what a great combination! En edelleenkään voi tajuta, että joku voi saada tuosta sanaparista irti jotain muuta kuin tosi huonoa krapulapizza-aiheista läppää  8)
sano mua rovastiks