Kirjoittaja Aihe: Doctor Who: The Bridge of the Broken Waters |K11| Rose/Ten, adventure, in English | 1/3 26.5.  (Luettu 1323 kertaa)

Vlad

• Sudenmorsian
  • Loveatar
Nimi: The Bridge of the Broken Waters
Kirjoittaja: Vlad
Fandom: Doctor Who
Ikäraja: K11
Paritus: Rose/Ten
Genre: adventure
Varoitukset: Taistelua, kuolemaa
Disclaimer: I do not own anything at all. This is all property of Gatiss and Moffat and BBC.
A/N: Tämän piti olla alunperin yksi oneshot-ficci, mutta koska tämä nyt venyy ja venyy, niin se on kolmeosainen. Kielihän on todellakin englanti, en jostain syystä osaa kirjoittaa tällä fandomilla ficciä suomeksi, jos Ten on mukana. Fic on luonteeltaan episodi ja siten erilainen kuin muut tällä fandomilla kirjoittamani tekstit. :) Toivottavasti joku tämän kielestä huolimatta lukee ja mahdollisesti kommentoikin. Pyrin saamaan viimeisetkin osat tästä mahdollisimman pian kirjoitettua ja julkaistua, mutta koska ficille näyttää olevan tapana venyä, niin en lupaa mitään nopeaa päivittelyä. Ja tämä osallistuu enkku-haasteeseen. Kritiikkiä, kehuja, mitä vain saa antaa, oli se sitten kieliopillista tai juoneen liittyvää, olen halukas tietämään, mitä tästä tykätään. Englanniksi kirjoittaminen kun on itselle vielä suhteellisen vierasta, joten olen innokas oppimaan. (ja kommentointikielikin on vapaa, jos joku kokee oudoksi kommentoida suomeksi enkkutekstiä)

A huge grin spread to her lips and they laughed. Their laughter rang inside the TARDIS as the Doctor closed the door, panting. They both breathed hard and Rose sat on the floor leaving him work with the console board. She loved to watch how he secured the TARDIS, how he flied his space ship and concentrated on only that, forgetting everything else. Somehow, she thought it is calming. The Doctor lifted his gaze and his dark eyes met Rose’s eyes. They smiled and her stomach made a funny little turn around. He was always able to make her feel a little sick inside, make her feel enthusiastic and kind of crazy, little maniac.

“Did you see their faces?” he asked and received a short nod from Rose. “That was super fun. I had never thought that anyone could look like that. Their faces cover with that green stuff all over and still looking that serious.” He burst out in laughter and quite soon Rose joined him.

“It’s not very like you to mock ‘round like this,” she said but she did not mean it, she loved how the Doctor behaved so untypically to himself, mocking around like anyone else.

“Hey, watch your mouth, would you! I’m not mocking around!” he simply replied, pretending to be insulted. Rose however saw through him immediately.
“You’re such a trickster! Like you didn’t know I’m not serious,” she laughed. Smile on Doctor’s lips was her only reward.

He leaned on the console and grinned widely. Rose uttered a sigh, she knew that look on his face and she knew it did not mean anything promising. Still, she smiled back trying to hide a jolt of nervousness she was feeling.

“Wanna visit somewhere?” he finally asked. Rose giggled.
“Of course I do! You should have known that already, you big dumbo!”

He just grinned and circled around the console. TARDIS made a silent hum as he pulled some levers and pressed some buttons. Then he turned to face her and asked: “Time or space? It’s your choice.” He turned a monitor around and took a good look. “We’re right now in the Orion Cluster. It’s quite pretty but nothing special. I know much better places in the space.”

Rose laughed. “Very well, then. Let’s travel in space, please.”

The Doctor stopped dead, his expression pained.

“Oh, stop it! Rose, no pleases!” They both laughed this time.  “Alright, in space it is. Allons-y!”

He pulled one of the levers and TARDIS shook violently. They fell to the floor but Doctor grabbed tight the console and tried to maintain his balance. He looked at Rose and said, utterly hilarious: “I have always wanted to say that. I think I should say ‘Allons-y’ more often. What do you think? It would be great if I met a person called Alonso. I could say ‘Allons-y, Alonso’ all the time.”

Rose laughed. She had already missed this. Missed this little crazy, maniac Doctor of hers. He hurried round and round the console, pressing some strange buttons. TARDIS uttered a sound Rose knew she would recognize in any place and any time in the universe. It was the most familiar sound in her entire existence. Eventually the sound stopped and the Doctor popped his head up behind the console and grinned in his own way.

“Oh, come on then. have a good look outside. You have never seen anything like this, I promise.”
“Yeah, and what then. We meet a great adventure and horrifying monsters trying to take our lives?”
“D’you want that?” he asked, curiously.
“No, I meant that not really. But I don’t mind it. I think it’s impossible with you to go anywhere in peace. there are always some sorts of monsters trying to invade the globe or trying to kill us.”
“This is not the Earth.”
“Yeah, and that’s why I said ‘or trying to kill us’.”
“You little, sneaky girl, you are,” he replied.
“Can you stop it? Can you stop babbling? I’m not a baby, you know. Or a baby animal, so, stop behaving like it or you earn a good whack around your head.”

He lifted his hands and took a surrendering look on his face. That look made Rose laugh and she gave up.

“Alright, stop it. Point taken. It’s not quite typical to me to whack people just like that. But remember. I don’t want to be treated like a pet.”

Rose sighed and took few steps to the TARDIS door and stepped outside. The Doctor followed her right behind her and smiled wickedly.

“Oh my gosh! This is gorgeous!” Rose whispered and he smiled.
“Oh, really?” Then he fell silent and shouted: “Hey, that was my line!”

Rose elbowed him gently and laughed. “I have the right to use your phrases. You haven’t patented them. You should take an example from Van Statten and patent your sayings if you don’t want someone else to use ‘em.”

Doctor’s face darkened when Rose mentioned Van Statten. He did not actually like that much of being reminded of that. That American millionaire was an idiot and Rose had got herself in such a trouble and one thing the Doctor hated the most, was the moment when he had feared that he had killed his trusted companion for good. That had been the longest moment in his entire life, partly because he had believed truly that Rose was dead and mostly because he had believed that he himself killed her and cursed himself to travel forever alone.

Rose noticed his pain and shushed him gently. “Don’t worry, Doctor. I’m here and I won’t leave you ever again. That’s not gonna happen so cheer up and wipe that long face away. I want you to be cheerful all the day. And you know, you are not yourself right now. Where is that cheeky little Doctor of mine?”

That cheered him up. He lifted his gaze and asked: “Cheeky? You think I’m cheeky?”
“Sure thing, you cheeky doctor man.”
“Cheeky?”

Rose sighed. “Yes, yes, you are cheeky and remember what lady Cassandra thought. You’re foxy.”
“Oh, come on! Stop it!”
Rose laughed. “Oh, look at that! Good boy!”
“Rose, it’s you who’s babbling now. And I’m a bit older than you, so stop acting like I’m a kid.”
“You deserved it.” Rose laughed. “Oh, come on now! Let’s have a look around, would we.”

Doctor took Rose’s hand tightly into his own and they started striding forwards until they realized they were on the cliff. He pulled her back from the edge right in time when she was about to fall one hundred miles down.  “Watcha!” Rose smiled and thanked him asking where they were. He took a good look around and finally he pulled the sonic screwdriver from his pockets.

He sonicked his surroundings and then gazed the scans.

“Well, this is peculiar.”
“What is it?”
“This says that this planet is made of metal but I can’t see it. This everything is certainly real, it’s living, it’s flora and it is living.”
“You said that already,” Rose mumbled.
“Did I?”
“Yes, you are rambling again.”
“Sorry,” he muttered and looked around. “Oh, where was I?”
“This planet was made of metal?”

Doctor smiled at her and kept going.”Oh yes. It is. According to the sonic, though I can’t smell any metal around here. Except – “ he trailed off.

Rose was a bit worried because it was not actually very common to the Doctor to worry like this. She opened her mouth to ask what was going on but he stopped her by clapping his hand over her lips.

“Shush! I’m listening.”

Rose shut her mouth and ripped his hand off her lips. Gaze in her eyes were telling him to quit. However, he did not care about that and just went on.

“There is some kind of scent trail in the air. I don’t like the way it looks, but still, I need to check it out.” He started to run off the cliff and peeked over his shoulder to Rose and mumbled: “Oh, come on! I won’t leave you here even if you asked.”

“Alright, then. Where are we? And mind if you tell me where are we going exactly?”

Doctor smiled wickedly and just grabbed her hand tightly running even faster. Rose had slight problems in keeping up with his speed and finally she tripped over. Doctor stopped and helped her on to her feet again and they went on again – just a bit slower this time. Still, he did not want to tell her yet where they were. He wanted to find out what was going on first. Down, down the cliff they ran and finally they reached the floor.

“Alright, let’s have a look around. That mysterious scent is coming from here so I guess the problem is here too.” Doctor trailed off again, kneeled beside the great wall bleeping with his sonic screwdriver for a while before letting a short yell, and took off part of the paneling. He took outside the good part of the wires and cables and gave one of them to Rose who took it curiously.

“What are these thingies?”
“Cables.”
“Well, yeah, I can see that but what for.”
“Don’t know yet. That’s why I’m kneeling here.”
“Right, I thought you knew already.”

He did not answer so she held the cables in silence. He tore off even more cables and wires and finally he laughed.

“Oh, look at this.” He held a small metallic item which shone in the dim light like a star and the Doctor’s expression was quite smug. “This is gorgeous.”

“And it is?”
“A Cyberheart.”
“A Cyberheart?”
“Yeah, it’s a thing, piece of metal that controls the cybermen.”
“I thought they were controlled by the Controller.”

Doctor shook his head.

“They were but in this place they have invented the Cyberheart. External controller so they don’t need to depend on certain cyberman. This is their heart, not literally but almost literally.”
“Doctor, you’re not making any sense, you know.”

He did not respond. He was too eager to investigate the Cyberheart he was holding. He placed his sonic screwdriver between his teeth and took a better hold of the clump of metal. Rose just stood there, looking at her Doctor and suddenly she felt a little jolt in her heart. This was what she had wanted all her life: a man with the blue box, mysterious man and his strange rambling about things that remained mystery to her. But sometimes it was not at all what she was looking for. Sometimes she felt so alone while the Doctor never noticed it. He never noticed the tears in her eyes because he himself was always too high in his own joy and too deep in his own suffering. Rose folded her arms across her chest and started tapping the ground with her toes.

“Could you stop that, Rose?” he just asked. Rose sighed.
“Tell me, what is going on here!” she said in a demanding tone. Doctor uttered a sigh.
“The cybermen. They are here. Why? I don’t really know but that is clear that these are some advanced model. Those other cyber men never had this kind of clump of metal as a Controller.”

They started laughing again but they were interrupted by metallic sound approaching from the alley nearby. The Doctor lifted his gaze worrying and grabbed Rose’s arm.

“This should be familiar to you already. Run!”
« Viimeksi muokattu: 26.05.2013 16:22:50 kirjoittanut Vlad »
I love not man the less, but N A T U R E more.

私は悪魔で執事ですから。

"Always"
1946-2016

LittleLove

• I live in Owl City
Oi joi joi! Ihanaa tulla ihan väsyneenä tänne Finiin ja sitte löytää tämmönen ihanuus; Doctor Who - ficci lemppari parituksella ja englanniksi! Plussaa tietysti siitä et vielä kaks osaa (?) jäljellä! Äh, sori en nyt jaksa muutaku hehkuttaa, rakentava palaute on jo unten mailla. Jatkoa e-h-d-o-t-t-o-m-a-s-t-i! :D
We paint it red, to fit right in