Kirjoittaja Aihe: Hilda: The Wake-Up | S, fluffy, ficlet in English  (Luettu 1672 kertaa)

Parris

• menteur artistique
Title: The Wake-Up
Author: Ronen
Pre-reader: Saappaaton, thanks <3
Rating: S
Fandom: Hilda (Netflix animated series)
Genre: fluffy
Characters: Hilda & Alfur + Twig
Disclaimer: I'm not the owner of any part of the portrayed universe, and thus I don't make any money off of this.
Challenges: "And Nellie's Your Aunt!" - Enkkuhaaste 2, Animaatioiden taikamaailma, Fluffy10 #3 (with 'attack'), Ficlet300 (with 69. Supernatural)

A/N: I've watched the first season of Hilda approximately one and a half times now, and it's just so... heartwarming. Do take a look if you have time! In this case, I felt like completing two challenges in one go by uncorking a third animated fandom in English, so here you go with this tiny morning feel-good adventure ~

Hilda wakes up hearing a loud roaring noise somewhere nearby. She blinks a couple of times, trying to get her eyes working through the darkness of her bedroom, then shakes the last bits of sleep out of her bushy blue hair. Twig is sleeping peacefully at the feet end of her bed – quiet as ever, so at least it’s not him. Could the awful sound stem from a monster trying to invade Trolberg?

Hilda wiggles out of her bed, trying not to wake up Twig, and hops around to her window. No, it doesn’t seem like the sound is coming from outdoors; the sun is starting to dawn on the city and there are no traces of any horrible invaders out there. Hilda sits in her armchair in an attempt to figure out the source of the noise. It’s not like she would be able to catch any more sleep now, anyway, since it’s almost morning and the sound is just tearing her head apart at this point.

But then she makes the epiphany. She carefully steps forward toward her dresser atop which Alfur has set up his tent. The roaring, almost sawing-like sound gets louder and louder. Hilda lifts the door to Alfur’s tent and realizes at that very moment that the poor little elf is the cause of this monstrosity of a snore. Hilda is gobsmacked to find that out; after all, they’ve been sleeping in the same room for months now. She figures she should’ve heard it before by now, right?

A moment later, Hilda’s alarm goes off. She immediately jumps to turn it off, knowing how annoying the sound of it is (though, of course, it’s supposed to be, because how else would she ever wake up to it; however, now she just considers recording some of Alfur’s snoring to replace the old wakeup sound). Twig lifts his head lazily and Hilda also hears Alfur yawn in the tent.

“Good morning, Hilda. Did you sleep well?” the little elf shouts from his tent.
“Good morning, Alfur! Well… I did, but… do you happen to know that you snore quite loudly?”
“Oh dear, my sincerest apologies! I must have eaten something inappropriate last night before going to bed. I sure hope you weren’t too bothered by it!”
“Don’t worry, Alfur,” Hilda laughs, “you woke me up at dawn. I’m just happy the sound didn’t come from any invading monsters!”
“That is true indeed! Wouldn’t want to tackle any heroic acts before a well-balanced breakfast, yikes!”

Hilda laughs at Alfur. The little elf is always thinking about food – when he’s not writing a journal back to his home village, that is. And after that, Hilda realizes that the snore might have actually been a good thing. It totally set her up to conquer another adventurous day!
« Viimeksi muokattu: 19.01.2019 21:44:53 kirjoittanut Ronen »

Saappaaton

• Pretentious /af/
  • Sateenvarjounelmia
Vs: Hilda: The Wake-Up | S, fluffy, ficlet in English
« Vastaus #1 : 02.03.2019 21:09:38 »

Ok, yeah, hi! So as you know I read this earlier and now I read it again to remind myself of - you know - all of it. I probably need to watch Hilda again some time soon, 'cause your text reminded me of how lovely that whole show is. <3 As I told you before, I love how you've captured the spirit of the series and I actually saw the characters in my mind whilst reading (this is quite abnormal to me, so kudos).

What's typical with Hilda and your text alike is that a small moment like this can be so huge at the same time. Knowing the fandom it's easy to anticipate that nothing actually scary isn't happening and yet there is this excitement of what's coming. I hope you catch my drift, I don't know how to explain it better. :<

Another thing that you've taken from the series successfully is that silly and quite childlike humor. I love it. You've aced it, my dear man. Also I love how naturally English goes with Hilda - I don't know if it's because you're so fluent in it or possibly 'cause I've watched Hilda with English dubs. ::)

Anyway thanks for this, it's so cute and loyal to the fandom. <3 Please write more of Hilda, yeah? :p

I push my fingers into my eyes
it's the only thing that slowly stops the ache

Avaruuspiraatti

• varattua puraisi
« Vastaus #2 : 04.05.2019 14:10:32 »
Kommenttikampanjasta moikka! Mulle useampi ihminen (sinä taisit olla yksi niiden joukossa) ehti jo ehdottaa Hildaa, ennen kuin pääsin sarjan pariin. Ja voi että, miten suloinen se on! Mun on pitänyt jo aikaisemmin tulla lukemaan tämä, kun muistelin, että olit ko. sarjasta jotain kirjottanut. KK on aina hyvä tekosyy potkia itseään vähän lukupepulle :P

Olit hyvin vanginnut tähän fikkiin samanlaisen hyväntuulisuuden, mikä sarjassakin on koko ajan läsnä. Kun joku toinen (esim. minä) menettäisi ehkä hermonsa ärsyttävään kuorsaamiseen, Hildalla on vähän parempi asenne ;D Mutta ehkä minäkin näkisin kuorsaamisen eri valossa, jos meidänkin maailmassa vilistäisi peikkoja sun muita örvelöitä. Ja totta kai kuorsauksen lähteenä oli pikkuinen Alfur ;D Mitä pienempi, sen pahempi...

Kiitoksia tästä suloisesta pätkästä! Minäkin Saapsin tavoin toivon, että kirjotat joskus lisää tästä fandomista ;D Ja jos saa esittää lisätoiveita, niin jotain Hildasta ja hänen äidistään, niiden suhde kun on niin kamalan ihana ja wholesome. En muista, milloin olisin lastenohjelmassa viimeksi bongannut yhtä kivan lapsi-vanhempi-suhteen!

"I am as constant as a northern star."
"Constantly in the darkness, where's that at?"

Fiorella

• Hyvän tuulen kotisatama
    • https://archiveofourown.org/users/Fiorelle
« Vastaus #3 : 12.08.2019 01:11:21 »
Valikoin tämän kommenttikampanjasta, koska toivoit kommenttia vähemmän kommentoituihin teksteihin. Hilda on söpö nimi, ja sai avaamaan tämän ficin, mutta en tiennytkään tuollaista animaatiota ennestään. Katsoin siis trailerin alle netistä ennen tämän lukemista. ;) Vaikutti oikein sympaattiselta.

Olipa hellyttävää ja huvittavaa, että mystisen metelin aiheuttaja oli pikkuinen kuorsaava menninkäinen. (Tai mikä liekään. :) ) Hildan pohdiskelu oli jo itsessään hyväntuulisen hupaisaa. Tokihan herätyskellon on kuulostettava sellaiselta, että siihen herää! :)

Pidin Hildan hyväntuulisesta asenteestakin. Jos hän nyt joutuikin heräämään suunniteltua aikaisemmin, niin on ainakin ehtinyt virittäytyä ajattelemaan ja on valmiina seikkailemaan! Samoin kuin Alfur, joka on nukkunut makeasti, vaikka kuorsasikin kuin ruosteinen justeeri. ;)

Tämä hyväntuulen ficcinen sai minut kiinnostumaan tuosta sarjasta. Ehkäpä joskus katson siitä jakson tai pari, nähdäkseni osuuko makuuni.

I´m kind and caring Hufflepuff!
~ Iltakävelylle Fiorellan ficcitarhaan? ~