Kirjoittaja Aihe: Avengers: Bury me in Armor [S, English]  (Luettu 1543 kertaa)

onkonälkä

• Show me some skin, I might bite it
Avengers: Bury me in Armor [S, English]
« : 18.12.2013 22:03:07 »
Name: Bury me in Armor
Author: Onkonälkä
Fandom: Avengers
Genre: Drama
Rating: S
Pairing: No pairing, Tony talking about Steves funeral.
A/N: I wrote this three times. To the back of a grocery list, to my ipad and on paper one late night. I wasn't happy with any of those, so I had an idea of combining them. And here you go with the result. I might have made some mistakes, since English isn't my main language, but please correct me.

Bury me in Armor

Okay, I'm ready. Jarvis, let's begin.

I once had a dear friend. A magnificent person. A glorious fighter. A good man whose resurrected life had a purpose. One of the best, the salvation of America. Captain America. That's what he was called, and that name he really deserved.
Steve he was for me of course, as he was for the rest of our avenging six. The Avengers. There was me, which is Tony. Then there were Barton, Natasha, Banner and that Asgardian weirdo, Thor, who had a brother causing trouble from time to time.
“We’re all gathered here to respect the memory of a great hero.”
Hero he was, and died a heroic death. A death any man would be proud to die.
There we were, watching all the sobbing, pouting and sad faces of ones who loved him, and ones who he had saved with his own life.

Ugh, way too sentimental! Let’s try this again, Jarvis, from the start please.

Where shall I start? My name is Tony, also known as Iron man and I..
No. Doesn't work. Again.

I once had a dear friend. A glorious fighter and an idol of so many citizens. Mostly teenage girls, I’d say. Steve Rogers. Born a hero, died a hero. A man whose once resurrected life had a true meaning.
There was this group of six. Me, known as Tony or Iron man. Depends who you ask. Then Steve, Bruce, Clint, Natasha and that weird Asgardian, Thor. I haven’t admitted it out loud to anyone, but those times, years spent saving USA from various disasters, mostly caused by the brother of the Asgardian, had been best years of my life. As we looked at all the sobbing faces, listened to many missing whispers filled with tears and..

Again! God damn, I must avoid my feelings.
Hmm.. Maybe I should just tell the short version the way it actually was. How I really want him to be remembered.

I once had a friend, which you probably by now already have understood. Steve Rogers, that was his name, and actually, he was more like a colleague. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t care about him. Not at all! He was one of the greatest colleagues a man could wish for. There I sat, in the funeral of a great man, a war hero, a person whose death anyone would cry over. Born a hero, died a hero. Twice, actually, but his resurrected life truly had a meaning. Man worth his name. Captain America.
Saved millions of people with the cost of his own life. A great man indeed.
And I swear, there was half of New York sitting in that small burial chapel. I was there. And he was there also, sitting next to me. We looked at each other, and straightly knew, it was time to move on.

Oh, did I forget to mention, that I had died too?

Let’s try again tomorrow…
« Viimeksi muokattu: 13.11.2014 10:35:48 kirjoittanut Vanilje »
In the world of locked doors
the man with the key is king
And honey you should see me in a crown