Kirjoittaja Aihe: Moments, Severus/Remus, S, [in English]  (Luettu 2525 kertaa)

Firdilien

• Fiktiiviseksuaali
  • Semi-ilkeä ihmissyöjätossu
    • Tossun ficit
Moments, Severus/Remus, S, [in English]
« : 18.04.2010 01:03:19 »
Title: Moments
Beta: Andy Weasley. Thanks, hon. You are the best. ♥
Rating: S
Word Count: 1000 words
Pairing: Remus/Severus
Disclaimer: Nothing is mine and JKR is the goddess.
Summary: He was sure that it wouldn’t last very long. Relationships never did when Severus was the other half.

Notes: Written for the April prompt of community lupin_snape in LJ. Every part is based on one song and the songs are in order: Zen Café – Huonot päiväsi, Maija Vilkkumaa – Yksin huudat sun yöt, Juha Tapio – Vierekkäin, Jonna Tervomaa – Myöhemmin and Stella – Häävalssi. (I know. They are all in Finnish. Ridiculous, isn't it?) For FanFic100 81.   Miten?

Comments are much appreciated. In Finnish and in English. ;)

---

Severus woke up in the middle of the night.

He was not used to sleeping next to anyone, so when he changed position and bumped into something, he was awake immediately. Then he saw Remus and relaxed. Yes, the werewolf was sleeping in his bed, and Severus remembered everything that had happened to bring about this situation. He would probably cherish the memory for a long time.

Somehow Remus seemed to be at peace with the world. Like he didn’t have anything to worry about. Like he belonged in Severus’s bed. He was beautiful.

The thought made Severus shudder. Not that it wasn’t an appealing sight, or that he wouldn’t like to see Remus here every morning for the rest of his life. It just was not possible. Remus would grow tired of him. Severus was not an appealing sight at his best, and at his worst... No, it was just unthinkable. It would never happen.

“Severus”, Remus mumbled, half-asleep. “What are you doing? Go back to sleep.”

Severus sighed and obeyed. Remus pulled him into his arms and Severus thought it probably could not hurt to enjoy this as long as possible. Soon he drifted off to sleep again.

---

Severus didn’t understand why Remus was willing to put up with him. He was sure that it wouldn’t last very long. Relationships never did when Severus was the other half.

Remus was trustful, maybe even too trustful. He talked about himself for hours; his hopes and dreams and all the things Severus hadn’t known from before. When he did, Severus wondered if Remus even realised how vulnerable he was making himself. If they did break up, Severus would know all these things and have an opportunity to hurt Remus in the worst ways imaginable. Hadn’t Remus ever thought about that?

Severus was brave when it came to boldly marching toward danger and making sacrifices. Remus’s bravery was different. He was willing to trust almost anyone if that person cared for him or supported him in some way in return. Remus opened up and faced the possibility of being hurt. Severus saw that Remus was afraid of rejection, but still took the chance and trusted other people.

He probably did gain something more precious by doing so. Severus wondered what that was. Maybe if he spent a little more time in Remus’s company, he could take a chance and find out.

---

Sometimes they just were together. They didn’t do anything special, didn’t even talk most of the time. Neither of them felt the need to keep up unnecessary conversation just for the sake of being polite. Sometimes they sat together, chairs pushed close to each other in Remus’s livingroom, and read. Tonight was one of those nights, but Severus had some difficulties in concentrating on his book. He studied the colours of the carpet and watched Remus. At last the other man put his book down, too.

“Do you want to talk about something if you’re not going to read?”
“Maybe,” Severus said.
“Well? Do we just talk about the weather? It’s getting sunnier every day. Or do you want to do something else?” Remus’s smile was wicked and Severus wanted nothing more than to touch him.
“It’s still raining.”

He wanted to say something meaningful. Really, he wanted to tell and show Remus how much he cared for him, but he was afraid.

It was getting late. Severus didn’t know  if he wanted to go home or stay here.

“Severus,” Remus said and touched his hand. “You don’t have to say or do anything. Just relax.”

Severus stayed the night.

---

They were in Severus’s bed and just lay there, side by side. They didn’t speak at all; neither one of them barely made a sound aside from breathing. It was already time to get up.

When he stole a glance of Remus, Severus fell just a bit more. He did not  dare say anything, because it would break the silence and ruin the moment. Remus had his eyes open and he stared at the ceiling, clearly thinking or remembering something. It was a peaceful moment, and Severus just wanted to forget everything and lose himself here next to Remus.

Severus had several important things to do today. Potions did not prepare themselves, and Remus most probably had some work to do as well. Severus was just stealing precious time when he did not rise from. And even worse, he stole Remus’s time! He thought of all the things he was supposed to do today, and that list was a long one.

But they could do it all later. After all, they could not do anything significant this time in the morning. Severus gave up his plans of rising from bed. They could lie here for just a few more minutes.

---

Severus had never felt so awful in his life. He had a fever, a runny nose, and he had to cough all the bleeding time. He was sure he looked just as terrible as he felt. Remus was sitting beside him on the bed and checking his temperature.

“You’ll catch my cold,” Severus tried to say, but started to cough.
“Nonsense. I’m a werewolf. We have very good resistance.”

Severus did not feel like arguing. Actually, he very much would have liked to simply die. It probably wouldn’t hurt as much.

“Your fever has gone down. That’s good. Are you tired?”
“No, I don’t want to sleep,” Severus said and feared that his voice sounded like a whine. It didn’t help that he caught Remus’s hand before Remus had the time to rise and leave the room.
“Okay.”

There were no words to express how grateful Severus was of Remus’s company just then. Well, no words except...

“Remus...” he started.
“I know.”
“No, I have to...”
“Severus, you don’t have to say it. I know. Just rest now.”

Remus wiped Severus’s damp hair from his face; he wasn’t going to leave anytime soon. Right then, even Severus could believe it.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 20.02.2015 13:42:57 kirjoittanut Kaapo »
Lopeta totuuden etsiminen ja asetu aloillesi hyvään fantasiaan.

68 to go.

Aisha

Vs: Moments
« Vastaus #1 : 18.04.2010 15:27:52 »
Minä pidin tästä. Ensimmäinen Severus/Remus, jonka olen koskaan lukenut, mutta olen tyytyväinen, etten jättänyt tätä väliin. Erityisen paljon pidin siitä, miten haavoittuvaiseksi ja epävarmaksi Severus on kuvattu. Jotenkin inhimillisemmäksi ja realistisemmaksi kuin yleensä, ja silti olet saanut tähän IC:yden tuntua sillä, että hän ei kuitenkaan laulele serenadeja tai ole muuten liian romanttinen tai tunteellinen; vain sopivassa määrin syvällinen. Toinen juttu, mistä pidin paljon, oli se, ettei tähän tarvittu mitään suuria draamakohtauksia tai monimutkaisia suhdehistorioita, jotta heidän tarinansa toimisi. Vaan kuten otsikkokin lupaa, tavallisia arkihetkiä.  :')
"The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution."
                                                      - Dumbledore

magrat

• noita
  • happy
« Vastaus #2 : 06.05.2010 20:28:48 »
Okay, I try to comment all of these Kielihaaste fics in English. This is my first one, so it's kind of practise. :)

But yes, I loved it! I have really come to love Severus. He's so complexed and I think he has some big issues. His thoughts are never clear and never there. Your fic truly got that image of him that I like; don't ask don't tell.
I even think that he propably wouldn't like to hear Remus' thoughts either. I would think that he kind of hates other people being vulnerable, as much as he hates himself being so open. :)

One thing bothered me a little. Every 'part' of the text kind of... It was like it had multible beginnings. Every part sort of started the story all over again. (Of course, I don't know if that was the intention..)

But all in all, I loved it. I really could .... nofinnishnofinnishnofinnish  .... like I know those feelings that Severus was going thru. You really catched the nature of both Severus and Remus.

Thank you. :)

-magrat

Firdilien

• Fiktiiviseksuaali
  • Semi-ilkeä ihmissyöjätossu
    • Tossun ficit
« Vastaus #3 : 19.05.2010 13:07:56 »
Kiitoksia kommenteistanne! They make my day!

Aisha, minä näen Severuksen yleensä aika paljon syvempänä hahmona kuin miksi hänet kirjoissa kuvataan. Hän ei tosiaankaan ole romanttinen tai laulele serenadeja, mutta eiköhän Severuskin kuitenkin ole kykenevä muihinkin tunteisiin kuin vihaan. Ihanaa, että pidit, vaikka paritusta et olekaan ennen lukenut. Kiitos kommentista! :)

Zug, hehe, ehkä käytinkin vain sellaisia rakenteita ja sanoja, joita itse osasin käyttää. :D Kivaa, että tykkäsit ja tulit hyvälle tuulelle tästä. Kiitoksia kommentistasi!

magrat, practise makes perfect! Yes, I love Severus too! I think there is so much more to him than meets the eye. And it might be true that he wouldn’t like to hear what Remus thinks and I guess Remus knows him well enough not to pressure him. Much. The new beginning wasn’t exactly the intention I had but maybe when there are only moments from here and there, little stories that make the big story, that was to be expected. I’m glad though if it didn’t bother you too much. :D Thank you so much for the comment!

Kommentteja saa edelleen antaa!
Lopeta totuuden etsiminen ja asetu aloillesi hyvään fantasiaan.

68 to go.

Sädekehä

• Hömelö otus
  • Until you believe
« Vastaus #4 : 19.05.2010 14:48:20 »
Heh, I haven’t even thought English since I failed my matriculation exams. However, this aroused my curiosity.  Actually, I’m not very thrilled about the idea of pairing Severus and Remus to each other, but I wanted to read this. And sorry about my English! I know it sucks.

First of all, this was beautiful. I liked your style of writing; I think it’s sweet and easy to read. Simple is maybe the right word. But I don’t mean that this was too easy and basic. I found it a quite pretty when there weren’t too complicated sentences and you didn’t try too much. It was cool, I think.

Characters were sweet. Remus was so cute, and when I read this, I actually liked the idea that Remus and Severus were together. Maybe ‘cause I didn’t see their relationship in romantic way. I thought they would have been very close friends who cared a lot of each other and wanted to love each other until they will die. But I didn’t want to imagine they would be lovers.

Well, because I’m not good at English anymore, I won’t moan mistakes – and I didn’t even find them. I just read and enjoyed your pretty story. (:

So thanks, and I hope you will write in English again. And once again sorry my badbadbad English..
All I wanted was you

Ava by Sinderella